Thursday 16 February 2012

Aonach Mor


Sunday was an easier day on Aonach Mor with Francis. The day started off overcast and dull but was quite warm. Having led and seconded some harder routes I was keen to scale things back slightly so I could get my leading head back on. We decided to look at Right Twin to start with. Francis was keen to get to know the abseil approaches to routes so we descended Morwind.When our exploratory abseil didn't quite go to plan we ended up climbing back up the route, which was actually quite good! it Unfortunately whilst we were at one of our belays I saw someone fall quite a long way from near the top of Tunnel Vision. The cornices were becoming very soft in the sun and the climber failed to get enough purchase. Initially he seemed ok but was helicoptered out with injured femur and pelvis etc. We had time left so headed for some easy routes in the shade to the left of Easy Gully, climbing Nausea (II) - Francis coming up the first pitch in the photo. The route was easy but pleasant and allowed me to get my head back in. Quick cup of tea then back down on the gondola.

No comments:

Post a Comment