Sunday 14 June 2009

Cuillins day2/3
























































We started off the day by heading into Coire Lagan, up the Cioch slabs and the Cioch itself then scrambled across to East gulley with a bit of a caving manouvre (see picture!) . The day was fantastic, I love Skye more every time I go there, rock, rock and more rock. Richard gave me some help with short roping/ taking coils etc. and I led a couple of grade 3 scrambles including An Stac and then up the Inn Pinn. We also did Kings chimney. Fortunately for us we had another bone dry day but I can imagine Kings Chimney being a bit hairy in the wet. We dropped down about 100m to a small stream to bivvy for the night. On the second day we did everything else up to Bruch na Frithe. Just brilliant. One of my aims for the trip was to get to know the ridge better. I feel like I have scratched the surface. It's such a complex place.

No comments:

Post a Comment